Thursday, November 18, 2010

Dress 1969

I recently found an old Burda edition (9/1969) and fell in love with those little mini dresses, so sexy yet so innocent. There were a few interesting numbers there, but my eyes were caught by this gorgeous blue high neck dress - I just love the architecture of the bodice , the decorative stitching along the seams, the waist accentuating detail and a girly a-line skirt.

Blue dress on the right
For my choice of fabric I have a couple of options for this projects, but I feel that the scarlet red bi-stretch suiting fabric could be a great choice- just to give this lovely dress a bit of a kick. The only glitch is that the patterns for each dress come only in one size, but they had a tendency to make little dresses in small sizes rather that bigger ones, so wish me luck. It won't be an immediate project to get into as I do tend to brainstorm a lot before anything like this, and quite often even decide against it in the end. But whatever is in store for me, I still feel that this dress is worth sharing with the world.

1 comment:

  1. That dress is absolutely gorgeous...I'd love to see how it turns out!!

    Thanks for your great comments! I'll definitely be keeping track of your blog.

    xx

    ReplyDelete

Disqus for Sewing and Style Den