Thursday, May 12, 2011

Burda Style June 2011 issue picks

New Burda's issue hasn't really impressed me too much, however if you like retro or vintage, it should be just up your street.  My picks are very tight this time, I will only actually talk about what I found interesting, as personally vintage styles are not my cup of tea.

Very summary issue, with a lot of beachwear on offer ( retro style) and everything for hot weather.

Overall it is better than April's disastrous issue, I particularly like a kimono style top (121)

Simple to make and so versatile this pattern can be used for a beach top, like pictured on this lovely photo,  as a summer blouse, made in a light chiffon or as a winter vest, should you chose a thicker fabric for it. Either way, this is one to make for me.






The other ensemble that cought my eye is this one in black (122 + 123), with real young Bridgit Bardot  style feel, still very wearable now, Black trousers made from stretchy satin (love the 7/8 trouser length), ideal for petite women and the top with an adorable boat neckline, both elegant and seductive. I wish the scooter came with it too )))))) it is simply fabulous- extra points for a great photo!






And, naturally, I kept the best for the end- this exclusive designer dress pattern from Blumarine. Simply breathtaking, exactly what I would love to add to my summer wardrobe. i love the flared sleeves, beautiful V-neck and made from a thin jersey will make any figure looking super slim! Sexy, exciting and feminine!

0 Great Points from our readers, how about you?:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Sewing and Style Den