Saturday, April 12, 2014

Kasia Skirt

Kick-started with the last project, my sewing life is revived. A couple of small adjustment, not really worth blogging separately about, yet, those make me very happy as finally, some of old ideas are coming to life, like adding a lining to my 2011 Up In The Air Coat. And more inspiration to tackle the mountain of fabrics waiting to be used. I could have been doing just that, but it looks I am not the only one with some creative energies flowing- my darling husband decided to re-paint the house today, so with the front door and the windows ( one in my workshop) wide open on a cool spring day, maybe sewing is not the best idea- easy to catch a cold, constantly changing and trying things on.


So I tuned to my good old friend- Internet- instead. Last week I was looking through my burdastyle account and saw a few free patterns that I saved, particularly funny was to realise their Kasia skirt was saved the whole 4 times! "If this is not a sign...." I thought and hit the print button.

But before making it, as causal, I love seeing the ready made versions, and gladly over 150 projects were available for scrutiny for me on the same site. So this is exactly what I am up to while my hubby is painting away (totally new colour, by the way, I am soooo excited, only took him 10 years :)

Here is my big problem with Kasia project on Burdastyle: the model they used looks like a streak of misery (sorry, chicken, you are gorgeous, but few of us have that lanky shape) So looking at this picture, realistically, you can be sure it will suit you if you have no curves and very very skinny.

Unfortunately, while looking at the finished projects, this is far from the reality. Burdastyle girls are mostly real shaped, quite often pear-shaped and apple-shaped and in general curvy enough, to be considered while modeling the patterns.

I am a true pear- much narrower shoulders width in comparison to the hips and larger than I would have hoped to have thighs. And don't judge by the pictures- my bones are tiny, but it does not mean that I could pull off wearing a tayto sack- the shape makes some styles look horrendous.

Ladies, do not ever listen to encouraging comment from your so called friends. If you feel something is wrong- probably it is. Seek highly trained stylist advice (Which can be available to you free in a good boutique. Those stylists know intuitively what works for your shape, especially with experience. I am currently marketing a Mother of the Bride Boutique where I see the girl working in the shop giving fantastic advice to women. Remember, in general these customers are older ladies, way past their perfect shapes. And no purchase necessary. Just make an excuse that you want to think about it, take all on board and run back to your sewing corner to make something fabulous!)

So Back to Burdastyle. Most of Kasia versions I found unflattering. This pattern, I think requires a quite narrow high waist, and  a couple of certain tricks to make it a top class stylish number!

Here are my suggestions:
  1. Reduce the gathering on the side panels, in fact maybe eliminate the gathering from the back parts altogether. 
  2. Use contrasting fabric, but not drastic, more tone-on-tone solution, with side panes in a darker shade. 
  3. Definitely extend the different colour all the way to the top! 
  4. Bright piping can work very very well, again bring it to the very top- it will make you look slimmer.
  5. I think it looks best as a mini , or add a bit of flare and bring it to just below the knee ( a great wool version on the top right shot of the collage. To wear with knee-high skinny boots or socks and pumps like this brave seamstress 

Well, after all this, I better made a stunning skirt. Well, I hope so. The fabric will play a crucial part- I think it must be quite soft. So I need to dig into my storage and see if there is anything suitable. Will keep you posted! Chiao!

©2014 copyright Sewing And Style.
All rights reserved.
All images and copied text must have a link back or reference to Sewing and Style Den

37 comments:

  1. nice costumes and more beautiful. keep update more. your kasia projct is nice work for us.
    salesforce Training in Chennai

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a terrific article, and that I would really like additional info if you have got any. I’m fascinated with this subject and your post has been one among the simplest I actually have read.

    Best Devops Training in pune
    excel advanced excel training in bangalore

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done! Pleasant post! This truly helps me to discover the solutions for my inquiry. Trusting, that you will keep posting articles having heaps of valuable data. You're the best! 

    angularjs-Training in velachery

    angularjs-Training in pune

    angularjs Training in bangalore

    angularjs Training in bangalore

    angularjs Training in btm

    angularjs Training in electronic-city

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Article… I love to read your articles because your writing style is too good,
    its is very very helpful for all of us and I never get bored while reading your article because,
    they are becomes a more and more interesting from the starting lines until the end.
    Java training in Bangalore

    ReplyDelete
  5. It would have been the happiest moment for you,I mean if we have been waiting for something to happen and when it happens we forgot all hardwork and wait for getting that happened.

    Selenium training in Chennai
    Selenium training in Bangalore
    Selenium training in Pune
    Selenium Online training
    Selenium training in bangalore


    ReplyDelete
  6. Attend The Python training in bangalore From ExcelR. Practical Python training in bangalore Sessions With Assured Placement Support From Experienced Faculty. ExcelR Offers The Python training in bangalore.
    python training in bangalore

    ReplyDelete
  7. New Delhi Latest News: The Supreme Court Thursday said the Bar Council of India (BCI) may consider an emergency fund for independent practicing advocates who are in need of financial assistance and are “facing a tough time” during the COVID-19 pandemic. 123movies

    ReplyDelete
  8. very interesting post.this is my first time visit here.i found so many interesting stuff in your blog especially its discussion..thanks for the post!
    Data Science Course in Hyderabad | Data Science Training in Hyderabad

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very good this content, thanks for sharing
    Kindly visit us ibiz.ie for shopping

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tremendous blog quite easy to grasp the subject since the content is very simple to understand. Obviously, this helps the participants to engage themselves in to the subject without much difficulty. Hope you further educate the readers in the same manner and keep sharing the content as always you do.

    Data Science training

    ReplyDelete
  11. "Very good article with very useful information. Visit our websitedata science training in Hyderabad
    "

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've read this post and if I could I desire to suggest you some interesting things or suggestions. Perhaps you could write next articles referring to this article. I want to read more things about it!
    data science certification

    ReplyDelete
  13. Interesting post. I Have Been wondering about this issue, so thanks for posting. Pretty cool post.It 's really very nice and Useful post.Thanks
    digital marketing courses in hyderabad with placement

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is exactly the information I'm looking for, I couldn't have asked for a simpler read with great tips like this...

    Data Science Training in Hyderabad

    ReplyDelete
  15. If your website is ranking on a search engine by paying money and running ads

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is an excellent post I seen thanks to share it. It is really what I wanted to see hope in future you will continue for sharing such a excellent post.
    data scientist course

    ReplyDelete
  17. Really nice and interesting post. I was looking for this kind of information and enjoyed reading this one. Keep posting. Thanks for sharing.
    data science training

    ReplyDelete
  18. i am glad to discover this page : i have to thank you for the time i spent on this especially great reading !! i really liked each part and also bookmarked you for new information on your site.
    cyber security course in patna

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very good message. I came across your blog and wanted to tell you that I really enjoyed reading your articles.


    Business Analytics Course in Kolkata

    ReplyDelete
  20. It's like you've got the point right, but forgot to include your readers. Maybe you should think about it from different angles.
    Data Scientist Course in Nashik

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am another customer of this site so here I saw various articles and posts posted by this site,I curious more energy for some of them trust you will give more information further.

    ReplyDelete
  22. 360DigiTMG, the top-rated organisation among the most prestigious industries around the world, is an educational destination for those looking to pursue their dreams around the globe. The company is changing careers of many people through constant improvement, 360DigiTMG provides an outstanding learning experience and distinguishes itself from the pack. 360DigiTMG is a prominent global presence by offering world-class training. Its main office is in India and subsidiaries across Malaysia, USA, East Asia, Australia, Uk, Netherlands, and the Middle East.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Very informative message! There is so much information here that can help any business start a successful social media campaign!


    Data Science Course in Erode

    ReplyDelete
  24. I am genuinely thankful to the holder of this web page who has shared this wonderful paragraph at this place
    cyber security course in malaysia

    ReplyDelete
  25. You should get certification in the relevant courses if you need to be considered for recruiting data experts.
    data science training in borivali

    ReplyDelete
  26. Without data analytics, you cannot imagine data science. In this process, data is examined to transform it into a meaningful aspect.
    data science course in patna

    ReplyDelete
  27. The Motive Behind View Purchase
    Understanding why individuals or businesses seek to buy views is a multifaceted issue. On one hand, it's a means of jumpstarting a new channel by providing immediate credibility. On the other, it's often part of a broader strategy to manipulate algorithms, thus securing higher organic reach. The allure is simple: higher view counts can draw in organic viewers who may not have discovered the content otherwise, therefore creating a snowball effect. However, these benefits are accompanied by risks and ethical concerns.
    https://www.buyyoutubesubscribers.in/youtube-video-views/

    ReplyDelete

Disqus for Sewing and Style Den