Thursday, November 24, 2011

Re-make, Re-think, Re-visit

Today Mercury goes retrograte. Yes, I am talking astrology here. I am not enturely hooked up on it, but there are a few aspects which are worth looking out for and I have experienced their effect in the past, so I am definitely being extra careful with them now. Outside Eclipses and full moons, Mercury is one of the major ones as when it retrogrates it holds a real danger ....


What happens when Mercury retrogrades? You miss appointments, your computer equipment crashes, checks get lost, you find the car you just purchased during Mercury retrograde is a lemon. (Or, you hate your haircut, the lamp you bought shorts out, your sister hates her birthday gift.) Go on Google it or more on Astrologyzone.com my personal favourite site for that kind of stuff.

I have personally lost 3 computers that crashed and died without any chance of resurrection and 2 cars, bought during these periods broke down and their engine died ( last incident happened in August this year) so if I want to keep my finances under control, I surely have to be aware of this strange planetary influence. Even today when I came home from work and saw that my TV's colours are all way too bright, although the settings are same as usual, I wasn't surprised- in fact, I did expect something like that to happen on a day when Mercury falls asleep ))))

Another aspect is total breakdown in all sorts of communication and all new projects are failing. I can never finish any of my garments that I started it is like the door to the future is closed in front of you. 

But there is a good side of these periods and it is all mainly have to do with revisiting all things past. Old friends that you lost touch with arrear out of nowhere, you find things thought to be all gone, and the best of all- remake projects flourish. Have anything unfinished? Get it out now- you will find the way to finish it in the best possible way, sometimes you will see it in a completely new light! Anything that you can RE-do, do it now- this is your second chance! 

You are reading my blog, so if you have bothered so far, you want to listen to what I have to say on this matter. Take my word for it, use the RRR approach! RE-style, RE-make, RE-think.

Just tonight I have found a perfect solution to two issues that used to bother me for ages - one is a lack of skirts on my wardrobe- and the other is a piece of stretch chiffon I've had for years, and never got to use. All my previous ideas just never came to realisation. 
So for this stripy number the solution is a skirt pattern from last December's Burda Magazine ( model 114)





My other past obsession is about a balloon skirt like this one . I have some black stretch suede-like fabric left from my Matrix Dress- perfect for trying this style out.






And one more of past resolutions: lots of pencil skirts!
Burdastyle.com just released a nice blog on pencil skirts and I have a nice pattern or two in mind. So my fabric leftovers/ odds will be Re-Visited!




And as a final touch, I need to share this with you: I am so delighted that one of this season's hottest print trend is houndtooth, 


so my 2009 dress is back in action - again turning to the past! )))

This dress made for my birthday was a bit longer originally, but I had it taken up and tailored for my 2010 Mallorka holidays.
And I have more details in this print coming up as some of the fabric is left over. Watch this place!


1 comment:

  1. Hmm... I've never given much thought to where Mercury is other than it coming up in a horoscope and etc so it was interesting to read what you had to say here.
    Yes, I love houndstooth also and you look fabulous in that houndstooth dress!

    ReplyDelete

Disqus for Sewing and Style Den