Thursday, February 2, 2012

New shapes and new project- intro


I've had my Burda 2/2012 for 3 weeks now and I was really puzzled where to start. So many obvious picks: there is a sexy multi-coloured dress, a stunning straight cut satin dress, asian style dress and those stunning trousers , all perfect to embrace colour blocking trend. 


Howerever

Today I am working on something I have never really considered before and it is this baggy dress 119. This is a new shape for me and it will be interesting how well it will suit me. It is a real hit or miss situation I think. In fact, it is a completely unknown territory for me as I have never even tried anything similar on in my life. 


The choice of fabric for this model falls on an imitation leather jersey, that has been waiting it's turn for a while. It is very thin, but looks like real leather- very cool. 
I got it on ebay.com pure bargain at £3.99 per meter:




I decided to fully line the dress and I am using a tan coloured cotton jersey for it. 

I have to admit- the work has started, so it won't be too long before the finished project post. 
Stay tuned ))))

0 Great Points from our readers, how about you?:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Sewing and Style Den