Here are some thoughts on the pattern, to start with. the smallest size available is 38. It is normally fine on the hips for me, but the top needed reduction, so I graded it to 34 on top and evened it to 38 at the bottom. i have to say that even at that the fitting is way too loose. I ended up taking another inch (2.5cm!!!) on both side seams to make it look like on this photograph. The middle part could to with 1-1.5" (2.5-3cm) reduction in width , as I feel that the side parts are too wide apart and give the bust area quite an unflattering look.
I shortened the original dress (Burda style 2/2012, 119B- I blogged about my plans earlier today) by 5.9" (15cm) - now I am not that sure this length is ideal, but longer would look too baggy and shorter it would be a simple tunic.
The dress is fully lined with a tan coloured knit jersey, I wish I had a grey one, but it doesn't look too bad even with the lining showing a bit. The collar seem to be too wide, but this is again due to such a wide fit- if I was to use this pattern again, i would definitely make the middle parts much narrower- thus narrowing the collar circumference.
The fabric was relatively easy to sew and press, i expected more grief working with it. It even forgives ripped seams - no marks visible. it does look surprisingly like a real leather. I only used about a meter of fabric- so have some left over for another little project sometime in the future.
To sum up- no it is not the most attractive and definitely not the most favourite of my creations, but it will do for a shopping trip, or a quick lunch in town with my hubby. And I definitely not going to make any more boxy dresses. Ever. Again.
P.S: - just adding to this post a couple of hours later. Fixed! Adding military style shoulder straps seemed to fix the collar 9 it does not stick out anymore like before. The silver ring buttons look very glamorous. I might even fall in love with this dress, if I am not careful now!