Saturday, July 7, 2012

My Mother's Gift

Ever since I was a little girl, I remember all women in my family sewing, knittings, crocheting and cross-stitching. My mom, Elsa,  always joked about one day retiring and making it in cross-stitching world.

She is 71 now and here is what her retirement has brought to life:


Each of these cross-stiched pictures has taken her up to 4 months to complete.


All this work is for sale, however, I should get her to open an Etsy shop- I am sure these pictures worth buying. 





There is much more photos on her Facebook Page- please have a look. 

I am so eternally proud of my mom, isn't she a darling?
at the sweet age of 19




©2012 copyright Sewing And Style.
All rights reserved.
All images and copied text must have a link back or reference to Sewing and Style Den


6 comments:

  1. Wow is that cross-stitching, didn't realise they could look so dense, I don't know much about it. They are so beautiful, that is a skill I want to learn next too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is amazing work!!! She should sell some of them

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that first one is truly amazing...she should definitely open up an Etsy shop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, but she lives in a different country and it seems to be too complicated for her she is 71 after all:-) we are working on it

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know how it is, I'm trying to get my mom to start a blog (she quilts). Some day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. See blogging is like writing a diary, not everyone is into it.

    ReplyDelete

Disqus for Sewing and Style Den