Sunday, January 6, 2013

Burda Style February 2013 picks

Happy New Year everyone! Long time no hear... I personally hate blog posts starting like this. "Yeah yeah yeah", I always think, "just get down to business, nobody cares that you had no time to blog- in fact, you better get your act together..." etc., etc.... Well last year I was the one neglecting my blog, and there is nothing I could do about it. There were dry spells when nothing inspired me for months, followed by the busiest period in years resulting in me starting my own marketing agency, called EZ Marketing and consequently a marketing blog. (All this fashion and before that music involvement made me quite an expert in social media marketing - so it is time to get paid for it!)

On the low note I had a nerve pinched in my back early in December, which affected my sciatica condition and I spend weeks in agony and couldn't go back to work (still struggling, to be honest) - a horrible time, I hope to forget some day. Christmas was very tight as a result and I was very happy to see the year ending, staring the new one with hopes of success and better health. I couldn't eat when I was sick as a side effect of all the meds and my weight dropped to jaw-dropping 45kg. I am a very small framed person and my weight at the age of 19 was 47kg, so this is not that bad, I suppose. But all my clothes ( especially the bottoms) are huge and I seriously need to get back sewing.

So this is what happened in 2012. I am still extremely busy with the new business- social media is very time consuming. And the amount of research you need to do, plus keeping up with ever changing Facebook rules and algorithms. It is not as simple as it seems.

But for now, as a taster, I have a few picks from upcoming February Burda style magazine - and as much as I didn't really like anything in particular, I was stunned by the exclusive design pick:


and that is why I will be buying this issue.

And then, who knows, maybe I will find other patterns useful too, at the end of the day- there is a crisis in my wardrobe :)












©2012 copyright Sewing And Style.
All rights reserved.
All images and copied text must have a link back or reference to Sewing and Style Den

5 comments:

  1. Am lovin the look of this issue. I think the last one I bought was August I. That being said I only have two lol. threadnoir.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing. I like that exclusive design as well and can't wait to get the issue. I can't wait to see what you blog about next. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back and sorry to hear of your unfortunate health issues lady-here's to hoping for a better year for you in 2013. Also, that first paragraph... XD XD XD Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so impressed with your fashion blog. :) Maybe we could follow each other on Bloglovin and/or GFC?

    Please leave me a comment on my blog and I will follow you!

    http://kstylick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to see how you make these. You're such a talent.

    Kate from Clear the Way

    ReplyDelete

Disqus for Sewing and Style Den