Tuesday, January 25, 2011

My Current Projects- Work in Progress



BRAINSTORMING

I have a couple of fabrics that need to be used asap-


This is VOYAGE designer wool suiting fabric. 2 meters. It is quite light, yet warm maybe good for a winter dress, something with plain cut like the one in  Burda 11/2010







I also was inspired by Gok's Clothes Road Show (season 3), where he made a cropped jacket with frog fasteners, so I think this fabric could look very funky in a short jacket from Burda 12/2010  - however, I would make it single breasted and used above mentioned frog fasteners ( I have seen some stunning ones on ebay, but will check out our local shop first)








This is a sheer a bit stretch chiffon fabric. Very soft and light. Could make a nice little top/blouse. I regret now not making something out of it last season, when prints like that were a real hit though.


Still don't know really what to make out of it. Will trust my impulses I suppose. It needs a non-transparent lining, if I want to make a dress, but this fabric is so light, I am not quite sure what lining would work. Any ideas? I have a slight feeling it will end up in something like this eventually-



Here we have a shimmery wool blend fabric, I only have about a meter of it- I used it for a project before. It behaves well, but creases easily. My idea for it is a Karl Lagerfeld skirt I blogged about before. Just need to check if I have enough fabric for it.




However, on the other hand, I might go for something different- Patrones 296 had so many lovely styles, it is hard to choose the favourite. Here are some of them...hmmm, all yummy....



and finally, I have a bit of wet-look leather stretch fabric left over and look what I saw on Net-A-Porter.com today: amasing, I think! A bit of gathering and a bit of grosgrain- fab!











So this is what I am up to... have any comments, tips or ideas? Do let me know!

6 comments:

  1. Juliette, you are so stinkin' hip! I wish I was a little edgier in my design aesthetic, but I'm more of a classic girl. Sometimes I'll go out on a limb, but generally I like to stick with more... I dunno, I hate to say "polished" because your looks are definitely polished... maybe basic? But that sounds like white toast, no butter and hot water with a slice of lemon. Well whatever. You know what I mean. Perhaps American Sportswear Classic, though that's not right either... Bah! What I'm trying rather unsuccessfully to say is that I love the way you dress and design. You're gorgeous!

    Anyway, I think that lovely chiffon would look divine in Vogue 1190. Love that Tracy Reese dress! Definitely my cup of tea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much )))) Unfortunately, I am not sure I have enough fabric for that Tracy Reese dress, but I hear you.... Going to look through some magazines to see what I can do with my fabric length

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many great things in the works here, you're going to have a pretty fabulous wardrobe when they are done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. вот бы научитсья шить ))

    первое платье из бурда моден прям мое! мой стиль!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, so much stuff to do, uh?
    I love the jersey dress and the Karl Lagerfeld skirt as well. About the skirt, though, I read that it's REALLY short and that most people who did it have lenghtened it... Just a heads up!

    ReplyDelete

Disqus for Sewing and Style Den